MsBehaved is a lifestyle publication focused on women’s issues, though our content is inclusive to all people. We’re looking for diverse writers with strong voices– all genders, ages, backgrounds, sexualities, and ethnicities are encouraged to contribute.
Previously unpublished writers are welcome to submit, but you’re encouraged to include a writing sample with your pitch. If we haven’t previously worked together, please pitch several ideas rather than sending completed pieces. Email pitches to general editor Bianca James at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reposting work that has appeared elsewhere is a consideration, but we prefer fresh, original content.
Get a feel for our tone and the style of pieces we run to ensure a good fit prior to submitting.
We’re seeking submissions on the following subjects:
- DIY, beauty, and cooking tutorials for our “Weekend Project” series.
- Profiles for our “Work It”, “Style Icon” and “Artist Q & A”.
- Travel articles and hometown pride.
- Tributes to people, icons, and causes that you believe in.
- Editorials on current events, political matters, and pop culture.
- Appeal to our vanity: Highlight designers, trends, and products.
- Reviews of standout albums, television, movies, and books.
- Articles proactively addressing and analyzing social problems.
- Personal essays that appeal to a broad spectrum of readers.
- Topical illustrations and cartoons
We are not seeking fiction, poetry, or excerpts from unpublished books
We’re not currently compensating contributors, but you will retain all rights to your work.
For inquiries, comments or suggestions, please contact email@example.com